forum Share things nobody asked you to share
Started by @Knight-Shives group
tune

people_alt 206 followers

@ElderGod-Winter-The-Renegade-Legionnaire book

Ok so I was doing my homework and were answering questions about this poem "My Papa's Waltz" by Theodore Roethke, right and I'm reading it any my music brain is just like, some of these lines seem a bit off. So I started counting syllables and I realized that every single line save a few had 6 syllables.
So 6 syllables, now read that title again, if you are a music/dance person you mind has been blown but it's about to be even more blown. For the not music/dance people. A Waltz is in 3/4 or 6/8 if the number of beats is divisible by three it's a waltz, the lines in this poem have 6 syllables or beats, if you were dancing you count waltz steps in 6 steps.
Now remember those lines I talked about that didn't have 6 syllables, they had 7 syllables. those were the lines that had hidden meanings in them ot had something wrong with them, my favorite lines are these two. "At every step you missed/ My right ear scraped a buckle." So that first line has 6, it's normal so it's normal to make mistakes, the next line is wrong, it has 7, now think about the meaning behind that line.
Mind Blown.
But none of the question on the assignment even mentioned this but it's like, clearly in the poem you don't just end up with syllables that line up that perfectly. Any way, Poems that have musical hints in them make me happy.

Sweet Jesus I noticed the same thing when we analyzed it in English class! It made me so happy.

@Space group

I got a bad grade on my Spanish assignment but I have no idea how to fix it. I've spent over an hour and I always get the same answers :/

@Space group

Itś reveiw from last year so itś really easyyyy
I just dont know what I did wrong. Its simple XD

Respond to these in spanish sentences (parenthesis is what food is supposed to be answered with)

¿A ustedes les gustan más las galletas o los vegetales? (cookies)
A ella le gustan más los pimientos o las cabolla? (onions)
A usted le gusta más el cáfe o la leche? (milk)
Te gustan más las papas fritas o las papas al horno (fries)
a ustedes les gusta más la carne o el queso? (cheese)
A él le gusta más el pollo o el pescado? (fish)

@furetakunai ac_unit

¿A ustedes les gustan más las galletas o los vegetales? (cookies)
A ella le gustan más los pimientos o las cabolla? (onions)
A usted le gusta más el cáfe o la leche? (milk)
Te gustan más las papas fritas o las papas al horno (fries)
a ustedes les gusta más la carne o el queso? (cheese)
A él le gusta más el pollo o el pescado? (fish)

So wouldn't the answers be…

• A nosotros nos gustan más las galletas.
  • A ella le gustan más las cebollas.
  • A usted le gusta más la leche.
  • A mi me gustan más las papas fritas.
  • A nosotros nos gusta más el queso.
  • A él le gusta más el pescado.

@Space group

Itś on goformative (it grades the answer automatically) and Im almost certain the website is the issue, not my answers. But still, some are correct so it doesnt make sense

@nebula__ group

nobody:
absolutely nobody:
me: lets a number generator decide what danganronpa character i'm gonna make an icon set of okay let's see,,,,
my brain: do you have a gambling addiction??
me: probably-

@ElderGod-Winter-The-Renegade-Legionnaire book

It says full sentences. I also just did another assignment and got 2/18.
Imma bout to strangle someone (or cry)

But did you actually answer the question? Like did you put sí or no? Your words and sentences may be correct, but you technically didn't answer the question.

@nebula__ group

okay i got like 20 different names down and they're all numbered
i'm nervous but i also can't wait to see who google is gonna force me to make an icon set of-