forum Share things nobody asked you to share
Started by @Knight-Shives group
tune

people_alt 206 followers

@nebula__ group

I'm writing a horror book and now I'm constantly paranoid-

hhh mood- i was thinking about concepts for a mini horror story and i thought of one out of nowhere that scared me half to death-

and that's also why i didn't fall asleep until 11 pm last night

@Mojack group

Nothing better than the feeling of finishing assignments that have been overdue for two weeks ☺️ About three days before the quadmester (two if you’re not counting today) ends

I love that feeling, but quadmester? Are you in America? I've only ever heard it called a term lol.

oh no no no no

Quadmester is what they use for schools in Canada (at least my province) during the pandemic

The way it used to work before COVID was semesters in which there was only two of them (four classes per each semester, accounting for eight classes total in a school year.) with quadmesters you have two classes per each -mester, meaning there are four quadmesters in total (hence “quad”mester)
We occasionally refer to it as a term but generally its semester or quadmester.

Deleted user

Can you drown in the middle of the desert?

im going to think about this phrase longer than i need to.

Deleted user

Good.

WAIT WE CAN DROWN IN SAND?

@cup_o_ramen

Good.

I meant drown drown, like water but possibly? No now I'ma think about it!

@Mojack group

More people drown in the desert than die from dehydration, so…
It’s actually pretty common with things like flash floods and whatnot, because there isn’t any place you can go to escape from water in the desert. So yeah, it’s not unheard of to drown in a desert. From water. As drowning in sand..quicksand, maybe?

@cup_o_ramen

It’s actually pretty common with things like flash floods and whatnot, because there isn’t any place you can go to escape from water in the desert. So yeah, it’s not unheard of to drown in a desert. From water. As drowning in sand..quicksand, maybe?

oasis?

@Mojack group

oasis?

Nope.

Rain does fall occasionally in deserts, and desert storms are often violent. A record 44 millimeters of rain once fell within 3 hours in the Sahara. Large Saharan storms may deliver up to 1 millimeter per minute. Normally dry stream channels, called arroyos or wadis, can quickly fill after heavy rains, and flash floods make these channels dangerous. More people drown in deserts than die of thirst.

@cup_o_ramen

oasis?

Nope.

Rain does fall occasionally in deserts, and desert storms are often violent. A record 44 millimeters of rain once fell within 3 hours in the Sahara. Large Saharan storms may deliver up to 1 millimeter per minute. Normally dry stream channels, called arroyos or wadis, can quickly fill after heavy rains, and flash floods make these channels dangerous. More people drown in deserts than die of thirst.

I mean is it possible because of desert oasis's but climb a cactus and stab you nuts and ass.

@ElderGod-Winter-The-Renegade-Legionnaire book

Good.

I meant drown drown, like water but possibly? No now I'ma think about it!

You can drown in sand. There are such things as sinking fields and it's sand over a tectonic plate that continously moves. The sand is never calm. You can't stand in one place for long because the sand will quite literally form around you and drag you down. It's pretty scary and cool stuff. Also the sand can cook you alive. That's fun.