forum help
Started by @The-N-U-T-Cracker
tune

people_alt 56 followers

@Jay-Marae-is-in-an-emotional-maze

I personally like to sometimes write down my negative feelings (On my computer that no one uses) down and just get them off my chest. Kind of like a diary, but more for the negative. Then try and put a plus at the end that seems to lighten my mood. But this is just me.

Huh. Now I wanna try that

Seriously, it works for me. If I was crying I've stopped by the time I finished. Try it out sometime.

Really? Like what kind of things do you write down?

@Rainy_is_back

I personally like to sometimes write down my negative feelings (On my computer that no one uses) down and just get them off my chest. Kind of like a diary, but more for the negative. Then try and put a plus at the end that seems to lighten my mood. But this is just me.

Seriously, it works for me. If I was crying I've stopped by the time I finished. Try it out sometime.

If I had a bad day- or I was mad at someone, I write not bad things about them, but just why I'm upset. I'm not sure how to explain it, I could probably grab an example of what I wrote down without super personal stuff.

@Jay-Marae-is-in-an-emotional-maze

If I had a bad day- or I was mad at someone, I write not bad things about them, but just why I'm upset. I'm not sure how to explain it, I could probably grab an example of what I wrote down without super personal stuff.

It's alright you don't need to show me. I was just wondering because maybe it could help me get some negative stuff out of my life. (If I do it right ofc)

@Rainy_is_back

It's alright you don't need to show me. I was just wondering because maybe it could help me get some negative stuff out of my life. (If I do it right ofc)

I mean I don't think there's a right way to do it, it's just writing until you don't feel the way you did anymore. Unless you were happy ranting, then you want to stay happy XD but on a more serious note, it's helped me some with insecurities and other things. I just think it's a useful thing to have and know.

@HighPockets group

YouTube:

• Studio C, JK! Studios, and Divine Comedy, they all do clean comedy and are amazing!
  • ReadWithZoe, she does super wholesome vlogs!
  • Danny Gonzalez, a former Viner who has some great (but not clean) comedy videos
  • Casey Aonso, who has some hilarious reaction videos
  • Jenny Nicholson, for amazing commentary about literally the weirdest things, plus Star Wars and theme parks
  • Overly Sarcastic Productions!
  • A Clockwork Reader for some great and very calming bookish videos
  • OwlKitty, because she's baby
  • P.M. Seymour for some excellent Tumblr humor that isn't read by a weird robotic voice, and is usually clean
  • Dominic Noble for some excellent book-to-movie adaptation coverage
  • Krimson Rogue for the same thing as Dominic Noble but in a different style
  • Georgia Marie for true crime

Books:

• The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer, they're super cute sci-fi fairytale retellings!
  • Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling. Yes, it's hyped, but it has some super powerful messages about hope
  • Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan. Same reason as Harry Potter, plus they're super funny!
  • Pumpkinheads by Rainbow Rowell. Wholesome graphic novel about growing up and change
  • Saving Red by Sonya Sones. This is my mental-health-comfort book, it's helped me through a lot of rough patches in my life
  • Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia. Just trust me on this one, I think you'd click with it super well!
  • The Language of Fire by Stephanie Hemphill. A novel-in-verse about Joan of Arc
  • The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo. I feel like this would also really click with you right now.
  • The Tea Dragon Society and The Tea Dragon Festival by Katie O'Neill. Wholesome fantasy with adorable floofy dragons!
  • The Penderwicks series by Jeanne Birdsall. Wholesome middle grade with a strong focus on family.
  • The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. An emotionally touching book narrated by death
  • Guts, Ghosts, Smile, and Sisters, all by Raina Telgemeier. All deal with family, and Guts deals really well with anxiety.
  • Roller Girl by Victoria Jamieson. About friends, family, and roller derby
  • The Ascendance Trilogy by Jennifer A. Nielson. A middle grade fantasy series that's just really fun
  • The Land of Stories by Chris Colfer. You're kinda similar to my little sister, and this is her favorite series of all time!
  • The Willow Falls series by Wendy Mass. Friends, magic, and chaos, what more could you ask?
  • Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi. Idk, I just think you'd like this. It's kinda like Avatar, apparently?

Just General Things:

• Bake Christmas cookies
  • Doodle inspirational cards for yourself
  • Clean out your room and donate what doesn't spark joy. Seriously, sometimes a good cleansing is necessary
  • Start a new collection of something small, like rocks or pins
  • Try some nail art, maybe Christmas themed
  • Try some coding!
  • Make a Picrew
  • Design something fun for your room
  • Learn how to knit or crochet
  • Find a topic of interest to really learn about
  • Paint a painting
  • Make a mosaic
  • Get or find a silly hat
  • Reorganize your room
  • Get a new sketchbook
  • Try a 30 Days of Drawing challenge
  • Learn a new song and/or instrument

Saints/Blesseds/Venerables (to research, pray to, etc. Idk I just think they're cool):

• Saint Cecilia
  • Saint Joan of Arc
  • Saint Edith Stein
  • Blessed Chiara Luce Badano
  • Saint Therese of Liseoux
  • Saint Bernadette
  • Saint Maria Goretti
  • Saints Felicity and Perpetua
  • Saint Dymphna
  • Saint Agnes

@Pickles group

• The Land of Stories by Chris Colfer. You're kinda similar to my little sister, and this is her favorite series of all time!

i have many thoughts about that series

@HighPockets group

It's been so long since I've read it that I can barely remember it lol

@Rainy_is_back

Good or bad?

@HighPockets group

Sometimes when I have a really bad mental health day/week/whatever, I'll write down a letter to someone I look up to who's also struggled. Just write it in my notebook and keep it for later, you know?

@HighPockets group

This probably isn't the healthiest method, but sometimes I'll keep a calender of things that are important to me and coming up to motivate myself to just stay alive for them. Like movies I want to see, shows I want to watch, books I want to read, etc.
So if I'm having a super bad day I can go "hey, I have to make it to the 20th so I can see The Rise of Skywalker" and then after that comes out "I have to make it to the 24th for Christmas Eve/25th for Christmas", "I have to take care of myself until February for Clone Wars Season 7 and The King of Crows."
It really helps keep the good things in perspective when it sometimes seems like there aren't any.

@Rainy_is_back

This probably isn't the healthiest method, but sometimes I'll keep a calender of things that are important to me and coming up to motivate myself to just stay alive for them. Like movies I want to see, shows I want to watch, books I want to read, etc.
So if I'm having a super bad day I can go "hey, I have to make it to the 20th so I can see The Rise of Skywalker" and then after that comes out "I have to make it to the 24th for Christmas Eve/25th for Christmas", "I have to take care of myself until February for Clone Wars Season 7 and The King of Crows."
It really helps keep the good things in perspective when it sometimes seems like there aren't any.

no it isn't the healthiest, but it's smart. I've never thought of doing that, and I should.

@HighPockets group

• Find a play to read and learn a part
  • Join a theatre group! It's kinda intimidating but it's a great way to make friends!
  • Invent a recipe
  • Try some cool photography stuff!
  • Binge a tv show
  • Make something and sell it, either online or at a craft fair. You get to be creative and make money!
  • See if you can sign up for Destination Imagination, 10/10 one of the best choices I've ever made, plus Global Finals is in Kansas City! Or at least watch some performers at Globals and get their pins bc the pins are amazing!
  • Renovate something!
  • Have you seen Nailed It! on Netflix? It's an amateur baking show that my little sister loves

@Pickles group

Both. The first time I read it, I really enjoyed it, even as a fifteen I think year old. I was really invested in the story and I binge read it in a week or so. I went back almost a year later and started rereading it and boy was it awful. The writing was dreadful. I couldn't stand it. I already knew exactly what happened and there weren't any little details I'd missed the first time. There were hardly am details at all. Also, the end of the series was not satisfilying. And I've read a part of the new one, and there's nothing to it except a bad metaphor for how gay people aren't gay by choice and gay people aren't evil. Which isn't inherently wrong, but there didn't seem to be anything at all other than an obvious (and poorly done) metaphor. And I'm not trying to say "the gays are trying to force their agenda on our kids", it's just nice to have an actual story along with your message. Ya know? And I knowww I haven't actually read it and I don't really know if there's a good plot or not, but… Excerpts like that are meant to be intriguing and it just wasn't. So in conclusion, he had a good idea and it was poorly executed and he should just stick with acting. Although from stuff I've heard, he wasn't very good at that either

@Pickles group

Although I will say it's nowhere near as bad as Onision or the pretty little liars series reading it was a mistaaaaake, why am I doing this to myself?

@HighPockets group

Although I will say it's nowhere near as bad as Onision or the pretty little liars series reading it is a mistaaaaake, why am I doing this to myself?

The only good thing to come out of Onision's books are StrangeAeons and Krimson Rogue's videos about them.
Also my Goodreads reviews kinda slap but this isn't about me.

@HighPockets group

Ellla get a Goodreads, it's super fun and you can interact with book lovers, find more books to read, win free books, and keep track of what you've read!

@Pickles group

Do you have a Goodreads? I'd friend you on there

I don't, I just read your review when you posted the link somewhere on Notebook. But I'm thinking about making one

@ElderGod-Icefire

It was new a while ago, it's a prequel or something. It's probably out now

Not a prequel, it's about like…the kids or something. I don't think it's a prequel tho

@Young-Dusty-the-Monarch-of-Dusteria group

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou is a very sweet, chill manga you can read online! It's post-apocalyptic, but there's no stress or danger or hardship. I've been binge-reading it lately, it's great ^^
https://mangarock.com/manga/mrs-serie-279924
As for hobbies/things to try, I don't know if anyone's suggested watercolors yet? But I think it's a great medium that's really easy to use and learn, and you can do a whole lot of cool stuff with it even if you don't feel like you're very good at art in general. I think dry watercolor sets are easier than the ones that come in tubes, personally–and a single large round brush can create a huge variety of effects. Just a thought ^^
I'm really sorry to hear you're struggling right now….I wish you all the best. Keep finding reasons to get out of bed each day, you won't regret it <3