forum help
Started by @The-N-U-T-Cracker
tune

people_alt 56 followers

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

i have come to the terrifying realization that my life is most likely going to be stuck in this same repeating cycle of hell until i'm an adult and can drive so i need some things to help me pass the next 2-4 or more years of my life
please
i'm desperate here-

i was honestly considering giving up, but i just had a conversation with my best friend…
we were talking about a 12-story art shop that apparently exists in Japan and how badly we wanted to go there, and we ended up deciding that if we ever go there (or to Japan at all), we're going together, and for some reason that gave me a little tiny bit of hope.
so for her sake, i'm going to try, i'll keep living just a little longer, but i know i can't do it alone and i'm scared-

so uh… if you guys could provide me with some stuff to do since I'll probably be spending most of this time alone in my tiny room screaming a lot, that would be very very appreciated-
webcomics to read, games to play, things to draw/animate, odd stuff to learn, hobbies to try, youtube channels to binge-watch, someone to talk to, anything-

thank you in advance
<3<3<3

Deleted user

Well hey, how about trying to learn shuffling card tricks? You could practice and do some pretty cool things with playing cards

Watch some videos on them, it's pretty nice (๑>ᴗ<๑)

@ElderGod-Icefire

Webtoons…jesus christ i have so many:
Uriah
Code Adam
Shiloh
I Love Yoo
Castle Swimmer
Knights of Asherah
Lore Olympus
Freaking Romance
Kind of Love

I'll give more later

@Pickles group

Do NaNoWriMo one month
Get donuts with someone and catch up
Play in the snow
Experiment with hairstyles
Learn a fun game with your siblings
Volunteer somewhere like your church or a library
Read different genres of books– I find fantasy, especially low fantasy, is good to escape the world. A lot of ya books are good for this bc a lot of teenage readers are looking to escape reality
Find some new youtubers to watch
Take over making dinner for your family every so often

@Pickles group

Try a "what should I read next" site that tells you what you might like based on books you like
Start a blog, even if you don't post it
Rewatch all of RWBY
Design the wardrobe for all of your characters
Write at least once a day
Writing prompts

I'm just saying random stuff

@fruitbatsandearlgrey

Also
Podcastsssssss

!!!yes!!! Ologies with Alie Ward is a really great one if you're interested in obscure sciencey stuff, one of my habits is to just pick an episode, open a Word document, and type out everything I learn so I can reread it when I'm looking for a cool fact to tell people (moss sex was discovered in 1781 by Johannes Hedwig) (I have that fact memorized for the sheer purpose of telling random people just to confuse them). Also, this is cliché but Welcome to Nightvale and its spinoffs are really good if you're interested in eccentric, existential, and strangely extremely comforting horror.

@Pickles group

I listen to true crime/comedy podcasts (be warned: language, so you in particular might not want to listen to them. Have yet to find one without cursing)
My favorite murder
Morbid: a true crime podcast
I said G* d d ***
Wine & Crime
There was one I liked that I only listened to one episode of and now I don't remember the name, so if I find it I'll let you know Edit: The strange and unusual podcast isn't the one I was thinking of I don't think, but it's also good

@Rainy_is_back

There's some funny videos on a youtube channel called Studio C! They have clean funny stuff. So you don't have to worry about swearing or graphic content. I personally like to sometimes write down my negative feelings (On my computer that no one uses) down and just get them off my chest. Kind of like a diary, but more for the negative. Then try and put a plus at the end that seems to lighten my mood. But this is just me.

@Pickles group

I personally like to sometimes write down my negative feelings (On my computer that no one uses) down and just get them off my chest. Kind of like a diary, but more for the negative. Then try and put a plus at the end that seems to lighten my mood. But this is just me.

Huh. Now I wanna try that

@Rainy_is_back

I personally like to sometimes write down my negative feelings (On my computer that no one uses) down and just get them off my chest. Kind of like a diary, but more for the negative. Then try and put a plus at the end that seems to lighten my mood. But this is just me.

Huh. Now I wanna try that

Seriously, it works for me. If I was crying I've stopped by the time I finished. Try it out sometime.