forum Hello...?
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 44 followers

Deleted user

Mostly just abstract stuff. Takes the pressure off for getting stuff absolutely right.

Deleted user

Yes but I hardly find the time to now. It's kinda disheartening that the only chance to read has been because of my English class instead of what I'm interested in.

What about you?

Deleted user

Ah well… favorite of all time? I have no idea to be honest. What about you? Any good recommendations?

@blue_topaz

depends on what genre you like reading

I'm partial to The Little Prince as far as older books go, but I really like Caraval, The Song of Achilles, and The Cruel Prince

Deleted user

That's amazing! I hope you get to enjoy better theater options in your near future. :D

Yeah me too. Do you have a favourite show?

To perform or to watch because those are completely different.

@amber_is_in_a_loop

Excellent choice. Mine is either Great Comet, Hadestown, Bare or Falsettos. Those are my current favourites (though Hadestown and Falsettos are probably the top)

Deleted user

Ooh those are all wonderful as well! One of the main reasons I have Newsies as my top is because of the insane choreography. As a former dancer myself, watching them just earns all sorts of mad respect from me.
Why are those your top choices, if I may ask?

@amber_is_in_a_loop

Newsies is unbelievable, agreed. Hadestown and Great Comet are just straight up masterpieces, everything about them. The arrangements, the lighting, the score, the sets, costumes vocals– just so intelligently thought out and executed.
Bare (the pop opera) hits close to home, and the lyrics and arrangements are breathtaking. It's also one of the few shows that has deep character development and backstory, so much so that you can actually analyse it.
Falsettos… Is just good. So good. So so so good. A show that manages to maintain an honestly human story with a stunning score. The characters are just so,,,, human. I don't even know how to explain it. Literally the only show that makes me sob

@TeamMezzo group

Newsies is unbelievable, agreed. Hadestown and Great Comet are just straight up masterpieces, everything about them. The arrangements, the lighting, the score, the sets, costumes vocals– just so intelligently thought out and executed.
Bare (the pop opera) hits close to home, and the lyrics and arrangements are breathtaking. It's also one of the few shows that has deep character development and backstory, so much so that you can actually analyse it.
Falsettos… Is just good. So good. So so so good. A show that manages to maintain an honestly human story with a stunning score. The characters are just so,,,, human. I don't even know how to explain it. Literally the only show that makes me sob

yes this post is my life

Deleted user

I definitely feel that.

@TeamMezzo group

I'd add Next to Normal to the listening list for me. Why?

• The score is breathtaking.
  • The lack of a set is astonishing. How much they do with so little… it's awesome.
  • The story! Holy shoot, the story. If you don't know, it's about this mother who gets amnesia and thinks that her son(who's been dead 18 years) is alive and it's his birthday. The birthday is true, though, it would have been that day. Anyways, she goes out of her way to throw this whole party, until she finds out that he's dead. The sister is unhappy about this and feels invisible. It's just not great times for the Goodmans and it'll break your heart and it's SO GOOD.
  • Okay, but the way that the son(Gabe) appears and disappears. It's incredible. Really, Gabe as a character is amazing. He's just… it's an Aaron Tveit character, it's bound to be good.
  • Have you seen/heard Aaron Tveit? I think that's reason enough.

@Pickles group

hello my name is Pickles and I need friends so I'm gonna half hang out here and stalk your conversation if that's okay

@ElderGodSwimwithGamers group

Hey, I'm SG. I'm a lonely gurl who wants online friends because she seems to be physically incapable to make friends irl. Also, I have a tendency to speak in the third person.

@amber_is_in_a_loop

• The lack of a set is astonishing. How much they do with so little… it's awesome.
  • The story! Holy shoot, the story. If you don't know, it's about this mother who gets amnesia and thinks that her son(who's been dead 18 years) is alive and it's his birthday. The birthday is true, though, it would have been that day. Anyways, she goes out of her way to throw this whole party, until she finds out that he's dead. The sister is unhappy about this and feels invisible. It's just not great times for the Goodmans and it'll break your heart and it's SO GOOD.
  • Okay, but the way that the son(Gabe) appears and disappears. It's incredible. Really, Gabe as a character is amazing. He's just… it's an Aaron Tveit character, it's bound to be good.

Big agree with all of the above. I haven't listened through but from what I've heard so far this show is a really something else. (also aaron tveit is a god so yeah)
Another show that literally no one knows but is amazing is Webborn and Finn's The Clockmaker's Daughter. First off, RAMIN KARIMLOO IS A LEAD! Second, both Christine Allado and Fra Fee play the two other leads. If you don't know one of these performers, I request you check them out. Promise you won't regret it.
Now, this show is incredibly sad, but because of the fact there is no summary to be found, we don't know why the sad event at the end happened. This is actually amazing because the theories are endless.
The score is literally a fairytale. It perfectly conveys the small village feel, every single personality in detail. It's very original and incredibly intricate, with a limited yet effective ensemble. It paints such a perfect picture of their world and their life and everything that you're literally living and breathing the story.
As for the characters? They are so deep and real, relatable even though you can't begin to imagine their situation with how perfect the story is. The main character is literally an automaton but is so emotionally charged that just the song Clockwork will send you spiraling into sadness (as well as admiration for Christine Allado's phenomenal vocals and voice acting).

Deleted user

I haven't yet seen Next To Normal but I definitely plan on it now

Deleted user

hello my name is Pickles and I need friends so I'm gonna half hang out here and stalk your conversation if that's okay

Hello Pickles! Nice to meet you! It's totally fine to stalk this chat but don't be afraid to join in, alright? I don't bite, dear