Deleted user

star wars shouldn't be iconic though

It's boring

The same thing happens over and over

I can barely watch the movies a single time each

@HighPockets group

BECAUSE HER NAME IS AMERICA

YES, AND IT'S A FUCKING STUPID NAME
"Yes hello my name is Switzerland Architect and I'm not like other girls, I like blue jeans and being poor!"

Deleted user

although I will admit that growing up with a brother who was obsessed with Star Wars may have just ruined it for me, that is a possibility

Deleted user

"Yes hello my name is Switzerland Architect and I'm not like other girls, I like blue jeans and being poor!"

1. SHE'S NAMED AFTER WHAT THE LAND USED TO BE CALLED
  2. SHE LIKES BLUE
  3. SHE DOESN'T LIKE BEING POOR, SHE'S JUST NOT USED TO BEING IN A GODDAMN CASTLE

One of the reasons I love you so much is these kinds of conversations

@HighPockets group

It's boring

First off, that's factually incorrect. Look at the tones of Solo, Rogue One, and Return of the Jedi, they're completely different. Yeah, a general theme of overcoming evil is there (except not really, because the prequels are about Anakin's fall and Solo is about a group of criminals) and occasionally some planet destroyers, and the Jedi, but complaining about the Jedi being in Star Wars is like complaining about wizards being in Harry Potter.

Deleted user

It's boring

First off, that's factually incorrect. Look at the tones of Solo, Rogue One, and Return of the Jedi, they're completely different. Yeah, a general theme of overcoming evil is there (except not really, because the prequels are about Anakin's fall and Solo is about a group of criminals) and occasionally some planet destroyers, and the Jedi, but complaining about the Jedi being in Star Wars is like complaining about wizards being in Harry Potter.

Another opinion: Harry Potter is overrated

well it's boring and it sucks

@HighPockets group

2. SHE LIKES BLUE
  3. SHE DOESN'T LIKE BEING POOR, SHE'S JUST NOT USED TO BEING IN A GODDAMN CASTLE

1. It's still stupid. At least call her Liberty or something.
  2. No, her wanting to wear blue jeans at the palace is a literal plot point. I don't have recipes on hand, but I know it was mentioned repeatedly.
  3. THEN WHY DOES SHE BITCH ABOUT BEING ENTERED INTO THE SELECTION? BECAUSE SHE WANTS TO "MARRY FOR LOVE" OR SOME DUMB SHIT LIKE THAT?? HONEY, THIS IS A DYSTOPIA, GET AHEAD OR GET DEAD!
    Same.

Deleted user

2. SHE LIKES BLUE

2. No, her wanting to wear blue jeans at the palace is a literal plot point. I don't have recipes on hand, but I know it was mentioned repeatedly.
  3. THEN WHY DOES SHE BITCH ABOUT BEING ENTERED INTO THE SELECTION? BECAUSE SHE WANTS TO "MARRY FOR LOVE" OR SOME DUMB SHIT LIKE THAT?? HONEY, THIS IS A DYSTOPIA, GET AHEAD OR GET DEAD!
    Same.
  1. THAT'S NOT HISTORICAL ENOUGH
  2. You gotta admit dresses suck. Nobody? Just me? Okay.
  3. SHE HAD A BOYFRIEND

@HighPockets group

It's boring

Another opinion: Harry Potter is overrated

well it's boring and it sucks

Yeah, it can be "boring" because, unlike The Selection, it gives time to character development and emotional scenes.

Deleted user

imagine being named after a shit country that preaches freedom while backstabbing literally all of it's citizens.
G o a l s

Deleted user

Imagine if that was an actual arguement

Jyn and I are bisexual buddies, there's no law to our squabbles

Also Emi is in the Rangtang Gang of Bisexuals. Not leaving my gorl Emi out.

@HighPockets group

2. SHE LIKES BLUE

Same.
  3. SHE HAD A BOYFRIEND
  1. Okay, and? It's less ridiculous, and this is coming from the person who has characters named Oleander and Wisteria.
  2. I guess, but she's still whiny.
  3. INCORRECT, HE DUMPED HER THE NIGHT SHE GOT THE LETTER BECAUSE HE WAS INSECURE ABOUT HER GIVING HIM FOOD.

Deleted user

imagine being named after a shit country that preaches freedom while backstabbing literally all of it's citizens.
G o a l s

America and her family tend to focus on the good.
I also think America is a fire name, if it weren't… You know… America.

Deleted user

imagine being so shallow that you'd absolutely abhor playing a princess for a bit because you cant wear fucking jeans.

@HighPockets group

G o a l s

Yeah, and her one brother who's not content with being viewed as a second-class citizen because of the station he was born into was relentlessly villainized.

Deleted user

Imagine if that was an actual arguement

Jyn and I are bisexual buddies, there's no law to our squabbles

Also Emi is in the Rangtang Gang of Bisexuals. Not leaving my gorl Emi out.

not what I was referring to. but sure

Deleted user

2. SHE LIKES BLUE

Same.
  3. SHE HAD A BOYFRIEND
  1. Okay, and? It's less ridiculous, and this is coming from the person who has characters named Oleander and Wisteria.
  3. INCORRECT, HE DUMPED HER THE NIGHT SHE GOT THE LETTER BECAUSE HE WAS INSECURE ABOUT HER GIVING HIM FOOD.
  1. I have characters named after historical people/things. It's fAsCiNaTiNg
  2. #EndDresses2020
  3. THAT'S TRUE BUT IT'S NEVER EASY GOING STRAIGHT FROM ONE PERSON TO ANOTHER

@HighPockets group

imagine being so shallow that you'd absolutely abhor playing a princess for a bit because you cant wear fucking jeans.

She's so whiny, I want to throttle her whenever she opens her mouth.

Deleted user

G o a l s

Yeah, and her one brother who's not content with being viewed as a second-class citizen because of the station he was born into was relentlessly villainized.

He didn't go about it well. not to mention that he completely left his family behind.

@HighPockets group

2. SHE LIKES BLUE

Same.
  3. SHE HAD A BOYFRIEND
  1. I have characters named after historical people/things. It's fAsCiNaTiNg
  2. #EndDresses2020
  3. THAT'S TRUE BUT IT'S NEVER EASY GOING STRAIGHT FROM ONE PERSON TO ANOTHER
  1. It's still an absolutely ridiculous name.
  2. No, because dresses can still slap though. I love my gothic Palpatine-sleeved choir dress.
  3. She's still a whiny little bitch who needs to suck it up. She'd be dead in 5 seconds in a half-decent dystopian novel.

Deleted user

G o a l s

If only there were actually good impactful things about this country and it wasn't all double-sided compliments.

@HighPockets group

G o a l s

He didn't go about it well. not to mention that he completely left his family behind.

It was his only choice. Besides, if that was my family, I'd have left them sooner.