forum Don't Be Suspicious
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 113 followers

Deleted user

wh a t did you just say about my flute

Didn't your band teacher ever tell you to "shelf it" when you were first learning how to play?

no…

she just showed us how to hold it and sort of let us get comfortable with it

Really??
Oof. My band teacher always referred to the left thumb position as "shelfing it"

yeah no i just flatten both of my thumbs on the silver part whenever I’m not using the thumb key

it really sucks and I have to constantly crack my thumbs

Honestly I've gotten to the point where I can just pull my thumbs out of socket without even realizing it

jUsT fLuTe ThInGs

Deleted user

it feels like i can do that, but i reaaaaly don’t want to

i have to crack them a whole bunch, because I already have inherent hitchhiker’s thumb and playing the flute just made them sooo much worse

I can bend them back completely and not have it hurt at all

juSt flUtE thiNgS

Deleted user

Ack

I've broken my pinky on my fretting hand, so it's all crooked and shit. Makes it almost useless when I try and actually use it in a proper manner

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

I dont even have calluses anymore its been so long since I played.

RIP any talent I once had

Eh I never keep them. Just sort of stay in the habit and an hour of practice will make your fingers good enough.

@Fraust

I had to stay for half an hour after the store where I work closed so I could close
Hhhh
On the bright side I'm going to a dance with my boyfriend tomorrow
Y'all will probably get pictures

Deleted user

one of those came with my flute care kit when I got Giardinelli, but I just have no idea where to put it

Deleted user

one of those came with my flute care kit when I got Giardinelli, but I just have no idea where to put it

Giardinellis for the win