forum Don't Be Suspicious
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 113 followers

@Moxie group

just so you know Danny’s an alcoholic sooooooo there’s always the possibility of drinking being mentioned with him around

@ElderGod-kirky group

quick question for y'all: If someone you value the opinion of tells you that previous 'habits' and other talents, as well as an obligation to make sure you succeed in life points towards you not pursuing your dreams and going for something different, how would you take that? If they said that it was hard and that a lack of knowing at this moment what 'backup' plan you will have for after school means you shouldn't do it? How would you take them ignoring the fact that you're seeking professional help for your dream field and continuing to repeat what they're saying? How would you take it when it wasn't the first time they've 'suggested' not going after your dream job with the same exact reasons? Would you get defensive?

Deleted user

Huzzah, I got a response up in Jyn and I's roleplay!

(My character's a blatant asshole)

@Pickles group

(If I know which one you're talking about, can confirm XD)

@Nie-Huaisang-is-lost-in-the-stars group

quick question for y'all: If someone you value the opinion of tells you that previous 'habits' and other talents, as well as an obligation to make sure you succeed in life points towards you not pursuing your dreams and going for something different, how would you take that? If they said that it was hard and that a lack of knowing at this moment what 'backup' plan you will have for after school means you shouldn't do it? How would you take them ignoring the fact that you're seeking professional help for your dream field and continuing to repeat what they're saying? How would you take it when it wasn't the first time they've 'suggested' not going after your dream job with the same exact reasons? Would you get defensive?

I'd probably get pretty upset myself. What I choose to pursue as a career is my choice and my dream. I'd probably defend why I want to do that and would prove why I'm right. Not willing to listen? Just wait and see then. If I'm wrong in my pursuit of happiness, then so be it. I brought it upon myself. But I will not let anyone talk me into backing out of a dream that I am so close to achieving. Not a chance.

Deleted user

(nah, thi is a character I made up on the spot for a Star Wars rp)

@ElderGod-kirky group

I'd probably get pretty upset myself. What I choose to pursue as a career is my choice and my dream. I'd probably defend why I want to do that and would prove why I'm right. Not willing to listen? Just wait and see then. If I'm wrong in my pursuit of happiness, then so be it. I brought it upon myself. But I will not let anyone talk me into backing out of a dream that I am so close to achieving. Not a chance.

Exactly how I feel, but then I get put down for trying to defend myself and unwind by going to my best friend. Accused of lying to said friend and making a bigger deal out of it than it really went down. I'm not fucking stupid, I can read between the lines. Telling me that I should do something else repeatedly is basically saying I'm not going to make it in that field.

@Nie-Huaisang-is-lost-in-the-stars group

Yeah, that's gotta be the worst feeling. Constantly being told that your dreams won't come true by someone, then being to that you're "making too big of a deal out of it?" No. I know what I was told. I know how it was meant. I am not overreacting. I came to relax a bit and talk to you about only be accused of lying? Oh, honey, no.

@ElderGod-kirky group

I've made the decision to go talk to my father-figure teacher about it, 'cause I can't exactly go to my parents about it, and he has more knowledge about this career area, at least in general, than my mom—who's the one that sparked this, btw

@HighPockets group

(nah, thi is a character I made up on the spot for a Star Wars rp)

(He absolutely is but that's why I stan him)