forum Show off Your Art!!!
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 198 followers

@furetakunai ac_unit

Aye, don't be like thattt. That's how artists give up so easily. They get into the mindset of "I could never be as good as them" instead of "I can be as good as them". You can be. Just takes practice and work on your style.

@heeey-bitchhhhhhhhhhh

The thing is, these days I barely see artists (at least in communities that I'm an artist in) who don't either do realistic or digital anime art, so I just feel like since simple somewhat anime art is my personal style, it's already bad because other styles clearly look much better and it's not used anyway.

@furetakunai ac_unit

I see. What if I told you that better, when it comes to art, is just a matter of opinion? (Spoiler alert: It is.) If you look at Picasso's pieces of art, they can tend to look quite… bizarre. Though, nevertheless, people enjoy them. Do what you do best, and do what makes you happy. Be patient, and you'll steadily see yourself improve. I know I, for one, didn't come out the womb drawing eyes like that.

@heeey-bitchhhhhhhhhhh

Of course, compared to the–can I even call it art?–art that I made three years ago, this is amazing. Any art before I took interest in it as a hobby looked like a four-year-old's, even when I was like eleven. Good thing I have gotten rid of all of my elementary school art. I was always the worst in the class. Back to my current art and not pictures that I want to burn from my memory because they look horrible, I feel like others have improved a lot more in the same time span than what I have. Granted, this is a huge improvement, but I can't draw hands, so then I don't do full-body art, which means that I can barely draw character positions, I can't draw more than one facial expression properly, shading is nonexistent even if I try, and I definitely can't do side profiles or any other angle without it looking strange. Why is this a rant on what I hate? It's very noticeable stuff..

@Relsey

Ok ok, Art, is a very wide term, ok. It litterally just means an expression of creativity. Then you get into sub classes of art and even then it's really broad term. Take music for example, music is just organized sound. I'm not joking there is a piece written by some dude that's legit just a few measures of silence, and it's considered music, because it's organized sound.
So , I don't want to see none of this "Can it even be called art" Business, is it a form of creativity, yep, then it's art.

@murphysgirl

Soup Nana has literally freaking always been three steps ahead of me during art and still is, I wouldn't be so hard on yourself. I, meanwhile, kick her butt at hand lettering, so there.

@heeey-bitchhhhhhhhhhh

I also have a tendency to do this with my friends' art and other things. Oh, and posting online just for stuff to be ignored (well, this is an issue with writing) doesn't help. Am I better than my friends in anything? School. Haha…my one talent, if we can even call it one, is simply being intelligent, and even my friends have proven that, while not in honors classes or a couple of grades ahead in math, that they are sometimes much more intelligent than I am. Simply, I compare everything I do to everyone, and then I'm just hard on myself with school because, well, long story short, my amazing grades may be the only reason why I haven't been expelled.

@4lagoon4 group

@Prince_Taehyungie Although comparing yourself to others can be healthy in terms of self-improvement and inspiration for what you’d like to change about yourself. It can also be detrimental if used the wrong way! Especially if you make it a habit. When that happens your confidence will start to dwindle and you’ll feel like you aren’t good enough for anything. (Which I hope isn’t the case.) I think now’s the time for you to do some self-reflecting and work on a way to break that habit. If you don’t know how, I think I have a few tips that could help! ^^

First, be your own best friend. How would you comfort a friend who’s going through the same thing? By encouraging them! So instead of bringing yourself down with comparisons, uplift yourself every chance you get. Fight against those thoughts that say you aren’t good enough because you are! You’re worth fighting for.

Second, keep a list of the achievements you made. It doesn’t matter what it is as long as it’s something you’re proud of. (For example, finishing a project that you’d put off for a while, helping someone in need, cleaning the dishes, etc.) So whenever you’re feeling down again you can look back at what you’ve accomplished so far.

Third, practice self-care! I don’t just mean bath bombs and facial masks, but some good ole introspection. (The latter works too though haha) Keep a journal with you so you can write out your thoughts. If your self-esteem starts to fluctuate, open it up and write it out. Once they’re on the page you can decide whether or not they’re true or just a result of you not feeling good enough.

Lastly, be proactive! Keep doing these things daily. Make it a routine to fight against those thoughts and encourage yourself. Even though there are so many talented people in various aspects, you should appreciate the unique value that you bring to the table.

@heeey-bitchhhhhhhhhhh

Oddly enough, it's not even hating my creations. I personally enjoy them and creating them. It's just the problem of comparison. Oh, and when I post for it to get ignored. Um, whether it's a drawing or something I wrote, I put time and effort in it and the only person who seems to care is me. Yeah, that is not good of self-esteem.

@4lagoon4 group

@Prince_Taehyungie I understand, I think a lot of people feel intimidated in this discussion that’s why they don’t comment. I rarely comment because I’m shy '^o^

@heeey-bitchhhhhhhhhhh

I understand that. Also, I'm only on places like Amino and Wattpad (where I used to be noticed) to share my creations. Are the acknowledged? Aside from my like three online friends, no. I have a YouTube channel too, but that's a hobby and I don't try to get views. Who wants to listen to someone destroying good songs?

@furetakunai ac_unit

Aye, despite all this. This thread's purpose is to share art, not for self-deprecation. So ye. I don't want the thread to be dragged off-topic as I'm sure the creator wouldn't want it.

@4lagoon4 group

@Prince_Taehyungie I know a few people who would. 😂 I think it’s all in the manner of putting yourself out there in terms of acknowledgement. Try going to different platforms and see which one works out for you!

@the-haunted-mattress Oops sorry '^^

@heeey-bitchhhhhhhhhhh

Basically why I've been posting on here a bit more. Speaking of which, enjoy more of my k-pop stuff.

Yes, gayness.

Now for more birthday stuff from a while ago:

I apologize for the mess I've created, by the way..

@murphysgirl

(Note: I am the freaking queen of anti-self-deprecation, and if you self-deprecate again, you are legally obligated to tell me ten things you like about yourself.)

@Rainy_is_back

Everything looks fantastic! You guys seriously need to stop doubting yourself!
So, I’ve been bored, and have probably made twenty some stickers by now… here are some of my favorite ones :P

AC43-AF6-A-9-A14-437-E-8-E98-33-A3-BB9-CA104

@4lagoon4 group

(I’m so inspired, everyone’s work looks so good! I want to post something too but I don’t know if my arm’s healed enough. (><) I’ll try later today!)

@Katastrophic group

I have very little life, and now I have none cause of Genshin Impact. I highly recommend if you have free time and want an addiction, it's a beautiful game. Here's Paimon, the mascot/guide character!

@ElderGodSwimwithGamers group

Aaaaaa, my bf recommended the game!! I still have to clean out my storage to get it (seeing as I'm currently obsessed with Illusion Connect lol) but I def wanna play!
ANd you're art is absolutely awesome as usual!!