forum Paste the Last Thing that You Copied
Started by @CW-BornConfuzzledLeftILoveYa
tune

people_alt 220 followers

@chaos_generator_13 language

Chad Fox
N.ai
4/15/20
It’s gotten pretty ridiculous over the past few decades. The rise of Black Power, Feminism, Gay Rights and other Civil rights movements have changed America forever. Although, not totally for the better.
Let’s first take the Black Power movement in perspective. It was a very big step in the right direction, advocating for the black American population. As it grew, more people became aware of the injustices served to colored people daily, despite their supposed freedom and equality, given some years before by MLK and Malcom X. Yet, even after this, once it was clear and irrefutable that all people, regardless of their color, had equal rights, the Black Power movement did not darken. It got brighter, still wailing about the injustices of the past, insisting that the world was still racist. It’s ridiculous. True, sadly, some people are, and it sucks, but you don’t need to scream and cry over less than 5% of the American population not liking black people. Sorry to say this, but ya’ll need to grow up and get over yourselves.
Next, Feminism. Another great movement. Compared to slavery, time-wise, the discrimmination against women has been going on centuries longer than the black imprisonment/slavery. (Not that I say it is worse, because it wasn’t.) But let’s face it, misogyny, or whatever you want to call it, was and is horrible. As a guy, I feel ashamed for my gender during those times. I can’t change it, but would if I could. I can’t. And that’s too bad. So, the same thing applies here. Women get paid just as much as men now. In some fields, even more. Sure, there’s still some gender preferences among some work fields, but that’s human nature, which is hard to change. Look at slavery, we were dragged away from that kicking and screaming. Even then, gender preferences are changing. There are women in the military now, in carpentry, truck driving, mechanics and lawyers, previously male dominated jobs. The single moms, my heart goes out to, I don’t understand what you're going through, and I won’t pretend to, but not everyone who is a guy or has conservative viewpoints is out to put you back in chains of supposed weakness.. Nobody says “Get back in the kitchen, where you belong”, anymore. I love you all, but you too, need to start looking in the present and future, not whining about the past, something you can never change.
Gay rights are something that I closely alighn with. I’m Bisexual, but I know when to stop. (Or, at least, I think I do.) I believe in same sex marriage, adoption rights, and equal housing and bussiness oppertunities. But let's not go overboard on this. In media, I really hate how queer people are portrayed,but I realize that Queer rights advocacy is still pretty new. I hear about transgender people demanding their own bathroom, and I laugh. It won’t happen, no matter how much we want it. No amount of screaming injustice is going to change that. Let’s face it, we make up less than 25% of the US population. Again, as a queer individual, I sympathyze with people who are still struggling with who and what they are, I know what your going through. But, yet again, there isn’t a lot we can do to change the world quickly. It’s sad, I know, but despite that, people get angry and overly defensive. Sometimes, it gets downright ridiculous. The whole thing of; “Did you just assume my gender?” Is stupid. Of course they did. It’s not offensive, it’s instinct. If you have breasts and long hair, somebody, 95% of the time, is going to think that you're a woman. It’s just the way it is, so get over it.
Lastly, I’m just going to say that I’m only 18. I’m not an expert on this, I’m just speaking my opinion. Not enough people do that nowadays, afraid that they’ll “offend” somebody. I don’t care. If you are offended by what I’ve said here, please say so, explain why, and I will apologize that it did, but I won’t apologize for writing this, or thinking the way I do. If you don’t like it, then don’t read it.
Oof. That's a lot of shit. School. Here is the thread I posted it on originally
https://www.notebook.ai/forum/general-chat/come-on-people-get-over-yourselves-he-said-respectfully

@Consider-PB_and_the_Jellies

ADRIANA: Ay, ay, Antipholus, look strange and frown.
Some other mistress hath thy sweet aspects;
I am not Adriana, nor thy wife.
The time was once when thou unurged wouldst vow
That never words were music to thine ear,
That never object pleasing in thine eye,
That never touch well welcome to thy hand,
That never meat sweet-savored in thy taste,
Unless I spake, or looked, or touched, or carved to thee.
How comes it now, my husband, O, how comes it,
That thou art then estrangèd from thyself?
Thyself I call it, being strange to me,
That, undividable, incorporate,
Am better than thy dear self's better part.
Ah, do not tear away thyself from me!
For know, my love, as easy mayst thou fall
A drop of water in the breaking gulf,
And take unmingled thence that drop again
Without addition of diminishing,
As take from me thyself and not me too.

@Cough_Syurp

.. / .- -.-. - ..- .- .-.. .-.. -.– / -.. — -. .—-. - / -.- -. — .– / .– …. .- - / - …. . / …. . .-.. .-.. / .. .—-. – / -.. — .. -. –. .-.-.- / .. / -. . . -.. / …. . .-.. .–. –..– / -… ..- - / .. .—-. – / - — — / … -.-. .- .-. . -.. / - — / .- … -.- / ..-. — .-. / .. - .-.-.-

@Knick