forum Notebook.ai Secret Santa 2019
Started by @Starfast group
tune

people_alt 60 followers

@Starfast group

I ran this event last year and had a lot of fun so I thought I’d bring it back again this year. It’ll work just like any other Secret Santa but you’ll be assigned a user to make character art for. Just like last year, all art styles, mediums, and skill levels will be welcome (so don’t feel like you can’t participate because you’re “not a good enough artist”).

Right now, I’m hoping to have a minimum of 4-5 people enter and I’ll draw names on the 6th (but will extend that date if we don’t have enough entries).

I’m also going to need some people to sign up as back up artists in case someone is unable to finish their piece. We didn’t need any last year, but this is just to make sure that everyone who enters receives art. You can sign up as a back up artist without signing up for the actual event (just leave a comment if you’re interested). Back up artists will also be given an extended deadline (I’m thinking maybe January 1st?)

To sign up, just leave a comment with the following:

• Characters you’d like to have drawn: (Here you can put either links to a notebook.ai page, links to a visual reference, or a written description of your character). Please make sure you have your characters set to public if you’re using notebook.ai pages though! Also, you’ll only be expected to draw one character for your person. Drawing more is fine, but not mandatory.
  • Backup Drawer: Yes/no
  • Additional notes about your character: This is optional, but if you have any important details that you want your Santa to be aware of, this is where you’d put it.

We’ll all post our art between the 24th-26th (I thought I’d make our deadline span a couple days since Christmas is a busy time for people). If you want to participate but won’t be able to post during those times then you can PM me your art and I’ll post it on your behalf. I’m also willing to give an extension to anyone who might need it. If you’re almost finished your drawing but won’t be done by the 26th then just let me know (The person receiving your art will be given a heads up just so no one is disappointed).

So yeah, that’s it. If you have any questions then just ask, but I’m going to ask that general chat is kept to a minimum in this thread (It makes it more difficult to find entries for when I draw names, and we have lots of threads for that anyways).

@Starfast group

To enter I'm going to need you to give me 3-5 references of what your character looks like, whether or not you want to be a backup artist (in case someone is unable to complete their drawing before the deadline), and any notes about your characters that you want the person drawing for you to be aware of (If you don't have any, then just skip this one).

So your sign up form should look something like this:

characters: https://www.notebook.ai/plan/characters/537791#overview_panel Arakel Azaryan Caleb Ferris
Want to be a backup artist: Yes
Other notes: Andor doesn't need to be drawn with shutter shades and usually wears jeans and black converse, Caleb's eye colour is brown (it's green in one of the pictures in the gallery).

(Obviously this would be filled out with your information. You can also put written descriptions of your characters if you're not comfortable sharing your notebook.ai pages, which I know some people aren't).

There's not really any requirements other than just being able to draw. I'm really bad at explaining stuff, so hopefully that made sense?

@The-Magician group

By written descriptions do you mean like when we fill out character templates for RPs?
I'm so sorry for all the questions, I've never done something like this before.

@Starfast group

I guess you could do it like that. I was thinking more of like a paragraph detailing what your character looks like. The most important thing though is that the person who has your name knows what you're character looks like.

@Rainy_is_back

Alrighty! Here it is lol

Characters: Evie needs some new art lol, and Mallory and Cedric need some too. I'd love to see any of them done!

Backup drawer: I mean- sure! Why not?

Other: Uh…. well. For Evie, don't use the sketch as a full reference, it's really outdated and I need new stuff but I haven't been able to draw her. Mallory and Ced- I don't think I have any notes on them. Yeah I think all is good, with the twins at least. I'm probably going to change some of their powers so I wouldn't draw anything with them using the power. I think that's it now. For reals.

@GoblinKing

Can I join? Here's my form-
Characters- Invalid Character // Claude Van Buren
Backup Drawer- Sure!
Other- Shadul's gallery is getting worked on, but for now I just went as in-depth as possible for her appearance section and put in a couple drawings/photos I hope will help! As for Claude, same deal.

@Starfast group

@GoblinKing Do you have any other characters that you'd like art of? Nothing wrong with the one you've got there, but ideally I'd like to have everyone give at least 2 characters. It's just to provide a bit of variety in case your one character is out of the drawer's comfort zone.

@GoblinKing

@GoblinKing Do you have any other characters that you'd like art of? Nothing wrong with the one you've got there, but ideally I'd like to have everyone give at least 2 characters. It's just to provide a bit of variety in case your one character is out of the drawer's comfort zone.

Yeah! I can't get the gallery updated right now, but I'll post it as soon as I'm able.

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

(Quick question, does being a backup drawer mean you don’t participate unless someone else is unable to get something done in time or do you participate normally but also volunteer to draw another character if needed)

@Oakiin

Characters you’d like to have drawn:I would actually really quite love art of these two together, but of course, that's optional! Just a shot of one or the other would be amazing too!

Backup Drawer: Sure!
Additional notes about your character:If they do get drawn together, they're dynamic is rivalry. Gabriel likes and respects Bee for the most part, but they aren't friends, and Bee thinks he's an idiot and low-key hates his guts. Also, Bee is a lot smaller than him. Here's a sketch page that sort of shows their size difference:

Sorry this is such a big post, I couldn't figure out how to make them just be links and not full pictures ^^; I hope I did everything right!

@Starfast group

(Quick question, does being a backup drawer mean you don’t participate unless someone else is unable to get something done in time or do you participate normally but also volunteer to draw another character if needed)

It's technically both. You can volunteer to be a backup drawer without participating in the event, but if you'd like to participate then fill out the form and put "yes" in the backup drawer section.

@Katastrophic group

ooo sign me up i love this idea!

Characters: Any of my public human characters (i mean, if u want to go for a fairy go for it but they don't have references as good as the humans yet)
Back up artist: if its needed
Other: all public characters should have a gallery with at least 1 image in it, plus all the descriptions in the writing stuff