forum ๐•ฎ๐–๐–Ž๐–’๐–Š๐–—๐–† || ๐™ณ๐šŠ๐š›๐š” ๐™ต๐šŠ๐š—๐š๐šŠ๐šœ๐šข || 18+ Only || ๐™ฝ๐š˜๐šŸ๐šŽ๐š• ๐š’๐š— ๐™ฟ๐š›๐š˜๐š๐š›๐šŽ๐šœ๐šœ ||
Started by @ElderGod-kirky group
tune

people_alt 86 followers

@ElderGod-kirky group

C H I M E R A

Vampire lords, bloody streets, unbroken chains, and haunting pasts. When your world is ruled by the gods, how do you run? When you wake up in agony that never stops, how do you live? When you knock on legendโ€™s door, who answers?

Hemlock remembers nothing of his past, only knife-precise hunger and endless confusion over whoโ€”whatโ€”he is. And blood. So much blood coats his tongue and skin. Itโ€™s become a part of his new life but itโ€™s a part that he doesnโ€™t know if he can stomach all that much. Fate, however, has other plans for him, and on a night of adrenaline-inducing panic and freedom, he stumbles upon the door of none other than the son of bloodshed himself.

When the newborn vampire finds himself under the wing of yet another dangerous name, his world is thrown off its axis in its entirety. He must relearn how to be himself and shape a new life, all while a cultโ€™s scheme drags him and sleeping beasts into the fray. Violence, uncertainty, twisted morality, and meetings with undead things become his new normal, and Hemlock makes the choice to stay at the side of the deadliest player in the game. Putting your life into the hands of someone who knows nothing but death is a risky and terrifying thing in times like these, but also perhaps the smartest if you play your cards right. Only fate itself knows if heโ€™ll come to regret it.

โš ๏ธCONTENT WARNINGSโš ๏ธ

Graphic depictions of violence
Blood literally everywhere at all times
An unhinged & violent main character
Suggestive themes
Sexual content (will be spoilered or potentially removed entirely depending on severity)
Vulgar language
Depictions of the (un)dead
Themes of trauma and abuse, including revisiting past trauma

Hi! I'm Kirk and I'm attempting writing a book that I hope to be consistent with because it's taken up my headspace for ages now. In case I haven't made it clear, this is a dark fantasy with very questionable themes and aesthetic, and there is an LBGTQ+ romance sprinkled in, so I'm marking it 18+ only with no exceptions.

I'm either going to post each chapter directly to this discussion or make separate documents, depending on what our Overlord andrew (Our Supreme Lord and Overseer) would prefer (so sorry btw).

I don't promise consistency, but I do appreciate any readers and/or comments! So don't be shy about posting any thoughts you might have about a chapter, or even this blurb itself lol. I'd honestly love the motivation to keep writing.

That being said, thanks for checking this thread out! I hope you enjoy.

Also posted on Royal Road: https://www.royalroad.com/profile/544934

CHAPTERS UPLOADED

Chapter One โ€” 8/4/2024
Chapter Two โ€” 9/7/2024
Chapter Three โ€” 9/14/2024
Chapter Four โ€” 9/19/2024
Chapter Five โ€” 10/13/2024
Chapter Six โ€” 10/19/2024

@StarkSpangledMayflower_Mad_Elder

(Ok, wow. I read the first part and could literally feel the panic Hemlock felt as he ran in the dark. The part with Abel gave me uncomfy goosebumps but I can't wait for the next part! I wish I could write like that ๐Ÿ˜ญ)

(CH2: Poor Hemlock ๐Ÿ˜ข I really liked how you captured the essence of his anxiety and disgust!)
(CH3: Excited for the prophecy to come to fruition!)
(CH4: I quite enjoyed the party scene, however, the earlier chapters capture Hem's nervousness, doubt, and other such emotions in a very descriptive manner but it seems as though he's kind of given up and chosen to accept it. If that was your intention then great! But I think describing his emotional state could enhance this chapter more)

@ElderGod-kirky group

(noted! I was mostly going for him playing nice so that he didn't have to be punished, but I can see how neglecting his internal feelings about the situation can seem like he's accepting it. thank you so much!)

(I love the updated chapter! The bits in between, explaining his true feelings, give his agreement to the deal at the end add that extra bit of spice that really highlights Hem's desperation for freedom. I think this chapter ties in better with the overall flow of the previous chapters created. I enjoyed it a lot! Please let me know if my feedback is not helpful and I can alter the ways I respond!)

@ElderGod-kirky group

(no no your feedback is spectacular, thank you sm! any response is good for me lol, i'm just happy you're enjoying it so far)

@Cackla-the-Phantasma group

is it late? yes. oopsie
TW for allusion to SAโ€”no direct scenes or descriptions

I'm horribly late to the party as always, but so far I've read Chapters 1-2 and it's a nice read.

Also damn, poor Hemlock! That one moment with him and Abel made me uncomfortable in the best way possible. That hit really hard.