forum Character critique
Started by @n o s t r a d a m u s location_city
tune

people_alt 2 followers

@n o s t r a d a m u s location_city

Be as mean as you want. There is some context in the history section, but I'm still ironing out the details of my setting, so it is slightly vague. I try my best to make my characters as realistic as possible, so if you se any problems with her, call it out. Thx :)

barabara

For Lizzie, I would add more to the mannerisms. What does she do when she's excited, surprised, or anxious? How does she smile, laugh, or lie? Her motivations are really nice, they could definitely move the plot and create tension. I like it. I would connect her flaws to her strengths to make her more well-rounded. I would also give her stronger flaws. Her flaws should create tension with her motivations. They should move the story as much as her motivations will. Her prejudice is kind of weak. You say she dislikes complacent people, but prejudices that are stronger will help to create a more realistic character. I think that her dislike of complacency is good, but her hatred of it would be even better. Her talents re good, but it would be nice if they were explained a bit more and maybe even connected to some of her motivations and flaws. Her hobbies seem kind of out of the blue, it would be good to explain why she likes them. For her personality type, go into more depth of how she expresses emotion and how she differs from the ENTP mold. There should be something that make her unique and different from anyone else who's a ENTP. For the whole social section go more into depth of why she likes the things she likes. Her background sounds amazing I really love the set up you have here. I'm just wondering what her childhood was like. What are her earliest memories? How does she grow throughout the novel? Does she have a birth year? What subjects are she strongest in? What subjects does she hate in school?
Overall, you have a strong character and a great story prompt. I'd love to see where you're going to g with this! Happy writing!