forum I need advice
Started by @Overdoneyanoveltropeyesplease
tune

people_alt 3 followers

@Overdoneyanoveltropeyesplease

Here’s the thing: I have a hard time processing and handling sad things that happen to other people. For example, a kid at my school got cancer and because I saw friends with friends of his sister at the time, all their emotions piled up and stressed me out. I wanted to help, but I didn’t know how. Also, recently, a friend of mine was crying (and I’ve actually never seen her cry before), and then there were stressed whispers and pleas for confidentiality and I wasn’t a part of it. I understand that if they want me to know, they will tell me. The problem I’m having it that now I’m stressed because I don’t know how else to react. I’m upset that I don’t know what’s going on, but I know that it’s not about me and I can’t talk about it with them because they are going through something. No one has talked to me all weekend, and I don’t know if the issue will still be prevalent when school starts tomorrow. If it is, what do I do? How do I be not stressed? How do I respectfully keep my distance while still showing that I care?

@Shuri-the-Floof-Doggo

Sweetie… Sometimes all you have to do is sit down with someone for a quick bit, and then just sympathize or empathize with them.
Talking only gets you so far in emotional situations, just show them that you care. Stay strong for them no matter what it takes. Just feel for them, feel with them. You don't have to offer to help until all of the grief and hopelessness fades. Thank you for coming out to us. I appreciate it very much darling.

Loveya!

aubbs c

I would just let her know you're there for her and if she wants to open up she will. Forcing her to open up will only make the matter worse. Hope the matter gets better :)