forum Personal Venting Chat, New and Improved! (Without Jerks)
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 126 followers

@HighPockets group

Good luck with your audition!! I'm going out for As You Like It in July, idk who I'm auditioning for though. Hoping for Jaques, but I'll probably get Adam. Rosalind would be amazing, of course, but there's next to no way I'm getting the lead.

!!! I'm doing As You Like It right now!!!

D: really! Who're you playing?

…a narrator :(

Oh. That's still cool, though!

@Anemone eco

Ah, I wish! I was going to be in As You Like It, but then it got cancelled. :(

Now I'll fricken never have another chance to be in it.

@HighPockets group

Hey, you still might someday! I was supposed to be playing Holofernes in Love's Labours Lost, but it got cancelled due to quarantine

@Fraust

My name is not very interesting lol
But also, you weren't a Boomer Ella
You were Gen X or millennial

@Anemone eco

I'm just not very good at getting to know people is all. Social interactions are one of my greatest challenges lmao. It took me months to get semi-comfortable with the cast I had to work with, so having to do so in a short amount of time will kill me lol. Now that I think of it, I'm best off just not trying.

@Trix

Hey, reminder that you're not going to do much with that kind of mentality. Being in a show is one of, if not, the strongest community you can form. You're all working toward the same goal, you spend hours upon hours rehearsing, memorizing, being yelled at by the directer, etc. Whether you want to or not, you're going to form some type of connection with the cast, and the more experience you garner, the easier it'll be. You have to have some type of confidence in yourself, and if you can't gather that, you need to invoke self-neutrality to some degree. If socializing is a huge obstacle for you, you don't have to force yourself into the center of a conversation. Just introduce yourself, your name, and memories will form naturally. Don't give up before you're even there. <3

@ElderGod-Icefire

Good luck with your audition!! I'm going out for As You Like It in July, idk who I'm auditioning for though. Hoping for Jaques, but I'll probably get Adam. Rosalind would be amazing, of course, but there's next to no way I'm getting the lead.

Yeah, but i'm like…a cheesy narrator. There are four of us (like a greek chorus ig) and we kinda just sit there making stupid remarks and providing comic relief

@HighPockets group

Yeah, but i'm like…a cheesy narrator. There are four of us (like a greek chorus ig) and we kinda just sit there making stupid remarks and providing comic relief

Oh, so like in A Midsummer Night's Midterm.

@ElderGod-Icefire

Oh, so like in A Midsummer Night's Midterm.

Yeah i guess

@Anemone eco

Hey, reminder that you're not going to do much with that kind of mentality. Being in a show is one of, if not, the strongest community you can form. You're all working toward the same goal, you spend hours upon hours rehearsing, memorizing, being yelled at by the directer, etc. Whether you want to or not, you're going to form some type of connection with the cast, and the more experience you garner, the easier it'll be. You have to have some type of confidence in yourself, and if you can't gather that, you need to invoke self-neutrality to some degree. If socializing is a huge obstacle for you, you don't have to force yourself into the center of a conversation. Just introduce yourself, your name, and memories will form naturally. Don't give up before you're even there. <3

Nah, it's all good. Thanks for the speech though. It's appreciated.

Deleted user

yeet

Nice pfp.

Danke. the song means a lot to me (and not just because it's by eminem). when I just get a wave of anger, aggression and violence from my ptsd I listen and sing along. One of the only things that can calm me down during those scary times.

Deleted user

I bought black nail polish :D
I just wanna be an eboy, mom