forum Personal Venting Chat, New and Improved! (Without Jerks)
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 126 followers

@Pickles group

It's blocked on my tablet, but there's a polyatomic ions parody of hotline bling that might make you feel a little better for a few minutes. And you can pretend that you're being productive

@HighPockets group

I dropped out of chemistry so I feel your pain.

I begged my parents to let me quit. I fucking begged my mom to let me do a different class, but she wouldn't let me, and now i'm going to fail, because she made me do a class that i literally can't do

I only got out of it because I have an IEP.

@ElderGod-Icefire

Realistically, will your parents physically force you to retake if you pass with a C?
Also, have they never heard of the phrase "Cs get degrees"?
They should still be fucking proud of you no matter what grade you come out with because you have tried your damned hardest, and all in the attempts to please them. If they can't see that you have done your best, especially when it has been for their sake, then they don't deserve to have you as the amazing, hardworking individual you are.
And I'm sorry, but the fact that they have put so much pressure on you and not even bothered to feckin help is unacceptable and they should be ashamed as parents.

I was talking to my dad like five minutes ago and he said "you know you'll have to retake this class next year if you get a bad grade, right?", and I don't really get to choose my classes, so…yeah
Idk, man
Thank you for that <3 it makes me feel a bit better as a person
I mean in all honesty they've been under a lot of stress too, since we just moved really recently and my dad was out of a job for months, so like i understand that they've been stressed, but like…the teacher of the class is a legitimate genius, which means that it's hard for him to dumb it down enough for the rest of us average brains, and neither of my parents did well with chemistry either and i just,,,,

@ElderGod-Icefire

I'm going to fail it and i'm going to cry about it and my parents will just say it's all my fault and that i didn't try hard enough when they never helped me when i asked for it. they never ever sat down and even tried to help me, yet somehow this will all be my fault and i just can't do it anymore

Parents fucking suck when it comes to school. They act as though it's always the child's fault like there aren't any underlying problems with the school system and the pressure it puts on everybody.

Do you have any friends you're able to contact for help, or maybe you could email the teacher asking for help/explaining that you're having a tough time with the content?

Yeah. And i'm homeschooled, so it's not like i was ever even in the building every day. I had the class once a week in person, and now just once a week over Zoom

Not really. I didn't get the chance to talk to most people in that class, and the people at my table were…just as clueless as me about most of this. And no, he wouldn't answer it until tomorrow morning, so I don't think that would do much, sadly. Thank you for the suggestions, though, it really is appreciated

@ElderGod-Icefire

It's blocked on my tablet, but there's a polyatomic ions parody of hotline bling that might make you feel a little better for a few minutes. And you can pretend that you're being productive

oooh maybe i'll watch that in the morning (can't right now, my headphones are charging)

@ElderGod-Icefire

I dropped out of chemistry so I feel your pain.

I begged my parents to let me quit. I fucking begged my mom to let me do a different class, but she wouldn't let me, and now i'm going to fail, because she made me do a class that i literally can't do

I only got out of it because I have an IEP.

ah, makes sense. I'm homeschooled tho, so shrug

@ElderGod-Icefire

I hope your chem goes okay though, I hate the class but wish you luck <3

I'm kinda spamming the chat and I feel bad but thank you Jyn <3

@Anemone eco

· Why you wish to serve as section leader and why you should be selected
· What attributes you can bring to both your section and the ensemble
· What challenges you’ve had to overcome as a marching band member
· How you’ve overcome those challenges

In case you still need an example (or something to steal). Sorry, I'm late.:

"I want to become a section leader because I believe it will be a good opportunity for me to help and guide the fellow members of my section. I feel that my skills as a flutist are exceptional and that I have the capability to bring the skills of other flutists up as well. It is my belief that I possess the ability to attribute to a better tone across the flute section and potentially better synchronization additionally. In my marching band career, I have come across my fair share of adversities. One of these includes (you can insert your own, but I'll just make up an example for this) breath control (I know nothing about wind instruments, cut me slack). In the beginning, I found it difficult to maintain good breathing techniques while marching (I know nothing about marching band either). Due to this, my tone overall suffered. Though through a good period of practice, I have improved significantly. With all things considered, I hope you will choose me for the spot as the section leader."

@Anemone eco

I hope your chem goes okay though, I hate the class but wish you luck <3

I'm kinda spamming the chat and I feel bad but thank you Jyn <3

I mean, you needed to vent. It's totally understandable. Best of luck and I hope all goes well.

Deleted user

If you need help with Chem, I love it. We already did polyatomics (actually we’re in Stoich right now), so if you need help, I have notes and all sorts of stuff. My Chem teach is also competent so I understand everything relatively well.

@Pickles group

· Why you wish to serve as section leader and why you should be selected
· What attributes you can bring to both your section and the ensemble
· What challenges you’ve had to overcome as a marching band member
· How you’ve overcome those challenges

In case you still need an example (or something to steal). Sorry, I'm late.:

"I want to become a section leader because I believe it will be a good opportunity for me to help and guide the fellow members of my section. I feel that my skills as a flutist are exceptional and that I have the capability to bring the skills of other flutists up as well. It is my belief that I possess the ability to attribute to a better tone across the flute section and potentially better synchronization additionally. In my marching band career, I have come across my fair share of adversities. One of these includes (you can insert your own, but I'll just make up an example for this) breath control (I know nothing about wind instruments, cut me slack). In the beginning, I found it difficult to maintain good breathing techniques while marching (I know nothing about marching band either). Due to this, my tone overall suffered. Though through a good period of practice, I have improved significantly. With all things considered, I hope you will choose me for the spot as the section leader."

Why is that so much better than what I came up with

@The-Magician group

Parents fucking suck when it comes to school. They act as though it's always the child's fault like there aren't any underlying problems with the school system and the pressure it puts on everybody.

I don't think this can be said for all parents.
My parents were actually quite helpful when it came to school.
Maths was my weakest subject, and since my stepdad has a master's degree in it he helped me with the daily exam papers we were set as homework. My mum helped me with a lot of my French and Maths as well (because although my stepdad has the degree, my mum was the one who could dumb it down so I could actually understand what the fuck I was doing with the iteration method).

@Anemone eco

Why is that so much better than what I came up with

I don't know. I honestly BS'd it and tried to use semi-fancy words. Do what you feel is right though.

@ElderGod-Icefire

If you need help with Chem, I love it. We already did polyatomics (actually we’re in Stoich right now), so if you need help, I have notes and all sorts of stuff. My Chem teach is also competent so I understand everything relatively well.

Okay so questions:

• EQUATIONS. How do I do, say, gas equations? Like how do I know what to do? And the whole reaction in basic or acidic solutions? H O W ?
  • How do I tell whether something is Alpha decay, Beta decay, or Gamma decay??
  • Solutions?? Why does the thing do the thing and how do I write that??
  • E V E R Y T H I N G (okay seriously just,,,tips would be lovely thank you will love you forever <3)

@saor_illust school

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
i wanted to reread ATC again
problem is
it's too fresh in my mind
'n i want to erase the last memory i have of rereading atc from start to finish
so i can read it for the first time again
there are no words to explain how blown away i was by the story when i started
kjhsdkjdfsjhkfdskfds

I feel so honored???

Like for real people re-read it?

yes !! we do !!
i would have reread it so many times eris
only problem is i have a decent memory

@The-Magician group

Okay so questions:

• EQUATIONS. How do I do, say, gas equations? Like how do I know what to do? And the whole reaction in basic or acidic solutions? H O W ?

Calculating Empirical Formulas?
Chemical Equations Involving Ions?
Balancing Chemical Equations?

@ElderGod-Icefire

Okay so questions:

sCREAMS Uhm…the second and third one? I think?? I don't even recognize the first one

Deleted user

Okay so questions:

• How do I tell whether something is Alpha decay, Beta decay, or Gamma decay??
  • Solutions?? Why does the thing do the thing and how do I write that??
  • E V E R Y T H I N G (okay seriously just,,,tips would be lovely thank you will love you forever <3)
  • Equations: Well, it depends on the type of equation. If you want to PM me, I got a whole reference sheet of what to do for certain types of reactions. However, Combustion is probably what you’re gonna be working with, considering gas (specifically Hydrocarbons), when reacted with oxygen is its own specific reaction and products. Again, if you want to PM me, I can explain more. Also acidic reactions will have hydrogen in front of another element, and are usually decomposition reactions.
  • I don’t know what that is, I apologize. That sounds more like a physics thing to me.
  • uhh Solutions are also products, I’m pretty sure. As forementioned I have a sheet and a big whole explanation of what they are. This stuff is stuff I practiced a lot on thanks to my teacher, so I understand really well.
  • Just don’t be afraid to ask questions. And hell, shoot me a PM if you need.

@Pickles group

I was about to say that I have my notes from last year and they might help, but then I looked and I got rid of them. And then I remembered that our notes from last year were basically useless anyways because the teacher was terrible I love her though. She's so nice

@The-Magician group

Okay so questions:

sCREAMS Uhm…the second and third one? I think?? I don't even recognize the first one

Well I'm assuming you know the simple compounds and ions:

• Water = H2O
  • Carbon Dioxide = CO2
  • Chlorine = Cl2
  • Ammonia = NH3
  • Oxygen = O2
  • Hydrogen = H2

You also need to be able to recall the formulas for certain ions. For single atoms—–

I'm just going to send you a picture of what I'm on about, it might be more helpful

@ElderGod-Icefire

I was about to say that I have my notes from last year and they might help, but then I looked and I got rid of them. And then I remembered that our notes from last year were basically useless anyways because the teacher was terrible I love her though. She's so nice

Oof alright. Thanks anyway

@ElderGod-Icefire

Okay so questions:

Well I'm assuming you know the simple compounds and ions:

• Water = H2O
  • Carbon Dioxide = CO2
  • Chlorine = Cl2
  • Ammonia = NH3
  • Oxygen = O2
  • Hydrogen = H2

You also need to be able to recall the formulas for certain ions. For single atoms—–

I'm just going to send you a picture of what I'm on about, it might be more helpful

Yes, i know those

Alright

ok

@HighPockets group

If your family has an iPad, Animal Crossing Pocket Camp is cute (if you get it and see a little human named Shelby uhhh send a friend request please <3)