forum Personal Venting Chat, New and Improved! (Without Jerks)
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 126 followers

@HighPockets group

It's fascinating how some people can sit there in class, talking about war and death, and not fully get that deaths mean people died

Me when people are like "there's only been X deaths!" in regards to things like the COVID. Like, people are dying. People are dead because of this.

@ElderGod-Icefire

It's fascinating how some people can sit there in class, talking about war and death, and not fully get that deaths mean people died

"A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic." ~ Joseph Stalin

@HighPockets group

Unrelated but my friend sent me a video that's of Toad from Mario singing the Soviet national anthem.

@ElderGod-Icefire

Unrelated but my friend sent me a video that's of Toad from Mario singing the Soviet national anthem.

😐😶

@HighPockets group

😐😶

Yep.
It…exists?
I sent him one of Waluigi singing One Day More as punishment.

@Relsey

My Sophomore History teacher brought up that quote and talked about how we and individuals can't really fathom just how tragic it is. It's kinda like how we can't fathom just how huge the universe is. we don't have anything to compare it to so we don't really get it usually. Not only that but the kids sitting in classes haven't experienced a whole lot of death in their lives.

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

”Oh, so if one grandma falls in a woodchipper it’s a “tragic accident” but if I throw a million grandmas in one it’s a statistic?”

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

It's true though.

@HighPockets group

”Oh, so if one grandma falls in a woodchipper it’s a “tragic accident” but if I throw a million grandmas in one it’s a statistic?”

"Let me just play Devil's Advocate for a moment…"

@Pickles group

Like, to a certain extent yeah you maybe shouldn't contemplate it in the middle of class but come on, at least look a little bit like you're having a crisis because I feel lonely in this

@Pickles group

"What if instead we just sold our souls to the devil?"

@HighPockets group

I love you.

@Pickles group

I love you.

Thank you

@Relsey

I love you.

What if we just became Devils?~

@ElderGod-Icefire

My Sophomore History teacher brought up that quote and talked about how we and individuals can't really fathom just how tragic it is. It's kinda like how we can't fathom just how huge the universe is. we don't have anything to compare it to so we don't really get it usually. Not only that but the kids sitting in classes haven't experienced a whole lot of death in their lives.

Yeah. My history teacher said "now the area we live has X amount of people in it. Imagine leaving your house and everyone in X amount of miles is dead, and their bodies aren't buried. That's how many people were killed on this battle. That's how many bodies there were"

I love you.

Same.

@SupernaturalSyGuyIsTIred group

Okay, now that my erratic heart has calmed down, I'm gonna address what's been said….

I know that war is not, by any means, a subject that should be taken lightly; it is an extremely sensitive topic that has to be respected and understood. I fully and truly respect the men and women who have served. I am aware of PTSD, certain conditions that soldiers faced, and the psychological/emotional/physical damage that was wrought upon everyone…. Now, as I have already told @Relsey and @Icefire_has_no_motivation, it has been well over a decade since I last studied the aforementioned wars, and I absolutely just needed a reminder on the things that I know that I know. (I'm 25 going on 26 in August…. Cut me some slack.)

EDIT/ADDENDUM: Thank you to y'all who were wanting to help!

@SupernaturalSyGuyIsTIred group

I love you.

What if we just became Devils?~

What if I had a daemonic character that would be ecstatic to buy your souls?

@saor_illust school

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
i wanted to reread ATC again

problem is
it's too fresh in my mind
'n i want to erase the last memory i have of rereading atc from start to finish
so i can read it for the first time again
there are no words to explain how blown away i was by the story when i started
kjhsdkjdfsjhkfdskfds

Deleted user

I wish I knew what I actually wanted to do with my life.

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
i wanted to reread ATC again

problem is
it's too fresh in my mind
'n i want to erase the last memory i have of rereading atc from start to finish
so i can read it for the first time again
there are no words to explain how blown away i was by the story when i started
kjhsdkjdfsjhkfdskfds

Valid.