forum Personal Venting Chat, New and Improved! (Without Jerks)
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 126 followers

@The-Magician group

Please note that it MUST be said in an outrageously fake accent. You too, Lee

A fake accent??? So you want me, a British person who has a British accent, to say that phrase in a fake British accent???

@SupernaturalSyGuyIsTIred group

I'll address all the info that y'all have provided sometime after it doesn't feel like my heart is taking a jackhammer to my chest. (Nothing life threatening, just hurts quite a bit.)

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

thank you for coming to my Tedtalk

I might have enjoyed it. Gotta love some random knowledge.

i can't tell if this is approval or not?? but okay

It is

I love how Pickles has become my translator.

@HighPockets group

THANK YOU YES I WANT MORE WW1 BOOKS IT WAS ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE AND WE DON'T SEE MUCH OF IT IN BOOKS

YES DEFINITELY. "Lovely War" by Julie Berry (i think???) is about WW1 and narrrated by Greek Gods and it is the fucking best

AHHHH I have that one checked out, I need to finish it!!

A fake accent??? So you want me, a British person who has a British accent, to say that phrase in a fake British accent???

Yes.

@Pickles group

THANK YOU YES I WANT MORE WW1 BOOKS IT WAS ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE AND WE DON'T SEE MUCH OF IT IN BOOKS

YES DEFINITELY. "Lovely War" by Julie Berry (i think???) is about WW1 and narrrated by Greek Gods and it is the fucking best

I am hekka pumped to read it

@ElderGod-Icefire

thank you for coming to my Tedtalk

I might have enjoyed it. Gotta love some random knowledge.

i can't tell if this is approval or not?? but okay

It is

Okay good. Thanks Dom!

haha yeah

@Pickles group

Yes. Pretend to be an American doing a British accent

@ElderGod-Icefire

YES I WANT TO SEE YOUR THOUGHTS on the book, i'm not fucking creepy

@HighPockets group

Or do a super over-the-top American accent. I'd go with New York or Minnesota myself.

@Kie group

Bro now I wanna film myself trying to say it because I know I can make it sound so obnoxious.

@ElderGod-Icefire

I am hekka pumped to read it

YES

@Pickles group

Dang now if that doesn't sound so passive aggressive.

Same
Honestly it's mostly instinctual at this point, figuring out if you mean to be sarcastic. I'm very proud

@SpookyScarySnoteleks group

Or do a super over-the-top American accent. I'd go with New York or Minnesota myself.

Or New Jersey

@The-Magician group

The only thing I can do in a strange version of an American accent is:
New York: "You're bound to get an abnormality or two when you got a big band blaring in your hearing hold every night."

@Pickles group

YES I WANT TO SEE YOUR THOUGHTS on the book, i'm not fucking creepy

lmaoooo

Same
Honestly it's mostly instinctual at this point, figuring out if you mean to be sarcastic. I'm very proud

I am proud of you.

@Pickles group

Same

I am proud of you.

Thank

@Relsey

I can't read them, I had to watch "All quite on the Western front" For my sophomore History class and it hurt my soul. I was crying the entire time the rest of my class thought I was crazy, the only person that understood why I was crying was the teacher. He stopped looked me in the eye's and just nodded because he understood that I understood how horrific it was.
Then we had to watch the new one this year. My APUSH teacher is a retired Army Ranger so every time it showed a weapon he would pause and explain exactly how it was used and how people died. Every single time. (Side note, he has a bunch of War artifact's as well so I have held a real English World War one helmet. It should be in a museum but it's just sitting in a cupboard in his classroom along ) He did this with more than just World War One. He described exactly how We killed the Japanese when they were in their bunkers. It's called the Shake and bake. You pull the pin on your grenade, wait 4 seconds (no more no less, longer and you blow your self up, less and the soldier inside will toss it back out and blow you up) Toss it in the machine gun hole, once it goes off you take your blow torch stick it into the machine gun hole and cook the now wounded men to death. The Shake and Bake. So few people really understand how horrible it is.

@ElderGod-Icefire

I can't read them, I had to watch "All quite on the Western front" For my sophomore History class and it hurt my soul. I was crying the entire time the rest of my class thought I was crazy, the only person that understood why I was crying was the teacher. He stopped looked me in the eye's and just nodded because he understood that I understood how horrific it was.
Then we had to watch the new one this year. My APUSH teacher is a retired Army Ranger so every time it showed a weapon he would pause and explain exactly how it was used and how people died. Every single time. (Side note, he has a bunch of War artifact's as well so I have held a real English World War one helmet. It should be in a museum but it's just sitting in a cupboard in his classroom along ) He did this with more than just World War One. He described exactly how We killed the Japanese when they were in their bunkers. It's called the Shake and bake. You pull the pin on your grenade, wait 4 seconds (no more no less, longer and you blow your self up, less and the soldier inside will toss it back out and blow you up) Toss it in the machine gun hole, once it goes off you take your blow torch stick it into the machine gun hole and cook the now wounded men to death. The Shake and Bake. So few people really understand how horrible it is.

Oh my god. Yeah, i– yeah. That's…I have no words for you, Relsey, other than that that's terrible, and I understand why you cried.

@Pickles group

It's fascinating how some people can sit there in class, talking about war and death, and not fully get that deaths mean people died